Take this test. Let’s see how good you are on “COMMON KNOWLEDGE.” No cheating! No looking around. No using anything on or in your desk. Can you beat 18 right? (The average.) Write down your answers and check vs. the correct answers (which are at the bottom of this e-mail), after completing all the questions. Remember now: No Cheating!
1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?
2. How many states are there? (Don’t laugh, some people don’t know)
3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty’s torch?
4. What 6 colors are on the classic Campbell’s soup label?
5. What 2 letters don’t appear on the telephone dial? (No cheating!)
6. What 2 numbers on the telephone dial don’t have letters by them?
7. When you walk, does your left arm swing w/your right or left leg?
8. How many matches are in a standard pack?
9. On the United States flag is the top stripe red or white?
10. What is the lowest number on the FM dial?
11. Which way does water go down the drain, counter- or clockwise?
12. Which way does a “no smoking” sign’s slash-mark run – towards the bottom right or bottom left?
13. How many channels on a VHF TV dial?
14. Which side of a women’s blouse are the buttons on?
15. On a NY license plate, is New York on the top or bottom?
16. Which way do fans rotate?
17. Whose face is on a dime?
18. How many sides does a stop sign have?
19. Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left side?
20. How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?
21. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?
22. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who’s missing?
23. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?
25. On which playing card is the cardmaker’s trademark?
26. On which side of a venetian blind is the cord that adjusts
the opening between the slats?
27. On the back of a $1 bill, what is in the center?
28. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols
bear no digits?
29. How many curves are there in the standard paper clip?
30. Does a merry-go-round turn counter- or clockwise?
Don’t look at answers until you complete all the questions:
2. 50 (please tell me you at least got this one!)
4. Blue, red, white, yellow, black, and gold
5. Q, Z
6. 1, 0
11. Counter (unless you happen to be south of the equator)
12. Towards bottom right
13. 12 (no #1)
16. Clockwise as you look at it
24. Did you notice there was no # 24?
25. Ace of spades
28. *, #
So how did you do?